Offered for the first time in spring! This popular tour allows you to explore the region’s railroad history and enjoy the scenery on a train ride from Johnstown to Altoona, with stops at key sites in Altoona. Tours depart from the Johnstown Train Station (and will begin with a brief overview of the building’s renovation plans) via Amtrak, tour the sites via bus, and return back to Johnstown via train.
Guests will visit the Altoona Railroaders Museum, the Horseshoe Curve, and the Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art in Altoona.
Tickets: $75/JAHA member adult, or $80/ non-member adult; $50/JAHA member child (ages 2-11), $55/child.
- 8:30 am—Guests arrive at Johnstown Passenger Train Station for 9:00 am train
- 10:00 am—Train arrives at Altoona Station and bus arrives to pick up passengers.
- 10:30 am—Bus arrives at Horseshoe Curve
- 11:30 am — Bus departs Horseshoe Curve
- 11:45 am — Lunch at Cracker Barrel (not included in tour price)
- 1:15 pm — Depart Cracker Barrel
- 1:30 pm —Bus arrives at Altoona Railroaders Museum
- 3:15 pm—Bus departs Altoona Railroaders Museum
- 3:30 pm — Bus arrives at Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art – Altoona
- 4:45 pm — Bus departs SAMA for train station, for 5:13 train
- 6:07 pm — Train arrives in Johnstown.
Questions? Contact Andrew Lang, 814-539-1889 x314.