Cottage Row Walking Tour

Saturday, May 20, 2023 - 1:00pm to 3:00pm

The park is offering Club House and Cottage Row Walking Tours on Saturday, May 20, 2023. This is part of the programming for the 134th anniversary of the 1889 Johnstown Flood. Club House Tour times are 10:00 am, 10:30 am, 11:00 am, and 11:30 am. Cottage Row Walking Tours are 1:00 pm, 1:30 pm, 2:30 pm, and 3:00 pm. To make a required reservation, please call the Visitor Center at 814-886-6171. All tours begin at the South Fork Fishing and Hunting Club House building in Saint Michael, PA. Tour length is approximately one hour.

The Club House was the center of activity for members and guests at Lake Conemaugh. The Club House Tour includes a walk through all three floors of the building. Participants will learn about the different uses of the building through the years. This includes the years of the South Fork Fishing and Hunting Club and after.

Members of the South Fork Fishing and Hunting Club built 16 cottages at Lake Conemaugh. Participants will learn about the club members that owned each cottage. Nine original cottages from the 1880s are still standing today. As many of these structures are currently occupied, the tour does not go into any buildings.

Saint Michael, PA 15951
Contact Name/Organization: 
Johnstown Flood National Memorial
Contact Email Address:
Contact Phone Number: 
Cost of Event: