Johnstown Flood National Memorial is offering Club House and Cottage Row Walking Tours as part of the 133rd Anniversary of the 1889 Johnstown Flood on Saturday, May 21, 2022. Club House Tour times are 10:00 am, 10:30 am, 11:00 am, and 11:30 am. Cottage Row Walking Tours are 1:00 pm, 1:30 pm, 2:30 pm, and 3:00 pm. Reservations are required for these free tours. Space is limited. All tours begin at the South Fork Fishing and Hunting Club House building in Saint Michael, PA and last approximately one hour.
Club House Tours include a walk through all three floors of the building that was the center of activity for members and guests at Lake Conemaugh. Participants will learn about the different uses of the building through the years, both during the years of the South Fork Fishing and Hunting Club and after.
For the Cottage Row Walking Tours, costumed park rangers will provide information on the 16 cottages built along the lake and the members of the South Fork Fishing and Hunting Club that owned them. As many of these structures are currently occupied, we will not be going into any buildings.