Explore the region’s railroad history and enjoy the fall scenery on a train ride from Johnstown to Altoona, with stops at key sites in Altoona. Tours depart from the Johnstown Train Station (and will begin with a brief overview of the building’s renovation plans) via Amtrak, tour the sites via bus, and return from Altoona on the train.
Guests will visit the Altoona Railroaders Museum and the Horseshoe Curve, with retired Norfolk Southern RR employee Brian Lehman as guide.
**All tickets must be purchased in advance by calling 814-539-1889!** Booking deadline is Friday, Oct. 12.
- 8:40 AM—Guests arrive at Johnstown Passenger Train Station for 9:00 AM train
- 10:00 AM—Train arrives at Altoona Station and bus arrives to pick up passengers.
- 10:30 AM—Bus arrives at Horseshoe Curve
- 12:15 PM—Lunch at Cracker Barrel
- 2:00 PM—Bus arrives at Altoona Railroaders Museum
- During visit—Guided tour of areas in museum by Brian Lehman
- 4:45 PM—Arrive at Altoona Amtrak Station for 5:00 PM train
Tickets: $85/adult, $60/child (ages 2-11); $80/JAHA member adult, $55/member child.