Explore the region’s railroad history and enjoy the fall scenery on a train ride from Johnstown to Altoona, with stops at key sites in Altoona. Tours depart from the Johnstown Train Station (and will begin with a brief overview of the building’s renovation plans) via Amtrak, tour the sites via bus, and return back to Johnstown via train.
This tour is available on Oct. 6 (booking deadline: Sept. 28) and Oct. 13 (booking deadline: Oct. 5). **All tickets must be purchased in advance by calling 814-539-1889!
Guests will visit the Altoona Railroaders Museum, the Horseshoe Curve, and the historic Baker Mansion, plus a stop at the Boyer’s Candy Factory Outlet.
Tickets: $80/adult, $55/child (ages 2-11); $75/JAHA member adult, $55/member child.
- 8:40 AM—Guests arrive at Johnstown Passenger Train Station for 9:00 AM train
- 10:00 AM—Train arrives at Altoona Station and bus arrives to pick up passengers.
- 10:30 AM—Bus arrives at Horseshoe Curve
- 11:45 AM—Lunch at Cracker Barrel
- 1:00 PM—Tour at The Baker Mansion
- 2:15 PM—Bus arrives at Boyer Candy Factory Outlet Store
- 3:00 PM—Bus arrives at Altoona Railroaders Museum
- 4:45 PM—Arrive at Altoona Amtrak Station for 5:00 PM train
Questions? Contact Andrew Lang, 814-539-1889 x314.